The exchange program is an initiative of the Western Australian State Government and the Home Affairs Bureau of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government.
The aims of the program are to provide delegates with the opportunity to develop:
- international friendships and networks
- a real understanding of a different culture
- a base for future education and career goals
- a greater understanding of social innovation and youth engagement.
Costs associated with air travel to Hong Kong, together with accommodation and meal costs, will be met by the Western Australian Government. All other spending and out-of-pocket expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
Applications close Friday, 17 May 2019.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- be aged between 18 and 25 years (as of 1 July 2019)
- be an Australian Citizen
- be engaged in formal education on a part-time or full-time basis
- demonstrate that they are actively engaged in community activities
- demonstrate an ability to participate actively in the exchange program
- be proficient in English
- have good knowledge of Western Australia and Australia
- hold, or be able to obtain, an Australian passport
- have no criminal convictions and be eligible for a full National Police Clearance
- meet with a selection panel which will assess applications and recommend candidates for participation
- be available to meet with young people visiting from Hong Kong in October 2019
- be available to travel to Hong Kong for a week in August 2019.
Applicants should address the eligibility criteria. In addition, please provide the following information to support your application.