|Youth Sector Grants Scheme
Supported by Lotterywest
|Contact||Raj Suares (he/him), Grants Officer
||Between $1,000 – $10,000
(From a pool of $340,000)
The Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia (YACWA) introduces the Youth Sector Grants Scheme, supported by Lotterywest, to build the capacity and help reduce vulnerability and disadvantage for young people in Western Australia.
The program is underpinned by the Western Australian government’s Beyond 2020 – WA Youth Action Plan focusing on capacity building and social support for traditionally under-represented groups, including but not limited to:
- Young people with a disability
- Young people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) communities
- Young people in the regions/rural communities
- Grant program opens: Friday 5 May 2023.
- Applications close Friday 30 June 2023, at 5pm.
- Applicants will be notified of the grant outcome by 31 August 2023.
- Funds will be distributed within ten (10) business days of YACWA receiving the applicant’s financial information.
How to Apply
- Download and read the Youth Sector Grants Scheme Guidelines
- Make contact with the YACWA Grants Officer, Raj Suares (he/him) to discuss the suitability of your project idea
- Fill out the online application form via SmartyGrants
- Ensure the application is signed by the authorised delegate of the project
Links and Downloads
The below flow chart details the application process for the Grants Scheme. All forms can be accessed via the corresponding icons in the flow chart and are PDF fillable to assist with digital submission (preferred):
- YACWA / Lotterywest Logos & Acknowledgements
- Grants Scheme Promotional Materials
- Budget Template
- Sample Tax Invoice
This funding will be peer-assessed at the end of the funding round by a panel external to YACWA’s direct team of staff. This panel will be a composite of young people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, alongside a selection of long-term youth workers.
The Youth Sector Grants Scheme is supported by Lotterywest.