|Contact||Raj Suares (he/him), Grants Officer
||Between $2,000 – $25,000
(From a pool of $275,000)
The Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia (YACWA) introduces the LGBTIQA+ Youth Empowerment Grants program supported by the Department of Communities to deliver support and inclusion services for LGBTIQA+ young people, through increased representation, engagement, and participation with decision-making.
The Grant program will enable YACWA to provide financial support for amounts between $2,000 – $25,000 to support organisations specialising in the delivery of empowering programs for LGBTIQA+ young people aged 10-25 years.
- Grant program opens: 7 November 2022.
- Applications close: 16 December 2022.
- Applicants will be notified of the grant outcome in February 2023.
- Funds will be distributed within ten (10) business days of YACWA receiving the applicant’s financial information.
How to Apply
- Download and read the LGBTIQA+ Youth Empowerment Grant Guidelines
- Make contact with the YACWA Grants Officer, Raj Suares (he/him) to discuss your project idea
- Fill out the online application form via SmartyGrants
- Ensure the application is signed by the authorised delegate of the project
Links and Downloads
- Please download and read the Guidelines thoroughly before proceeding with your application.
- Online Application Form
- This funding will be assessed by a panel of LGBTIQA+ young people and LGBTIQA+ community representatives, alongside representatives from the Department of Communities and the Minister for Youth’s office.
- All projects will need to be acquitted within six (6) weeks of project completion, which involves completion and submission of the Grant Acquittal Form and return of any unspent funds to YACWA.
The LGBTIQA+ Youth Empowerment Grants program is supported by Department of Communities.