Are you in Crisis?

Are you in Crisis?

Association for Services to Torture and Trauma Survivors (ASSETTS)

(08) 9227 2700

ASeTTS Services may be accessed by anyone who has arrived in Australia having experienced torture and trauma or a refugee like experience.

  • You are seeking counselling
  • You are a group seeking help
  • You are looking to get information on living in Australia
  • You are looking to transition and adjust to Australia

Crisis Care

(08) 9223 1111

Freecall Standard – 1800 199 008

Crisis Care is a telephone information and counselling service for people in crisis needing urgent help. It operates 24 hours 7 days a week. Crisis Care can be accessed through the translating and interpreting service on 13 14 50.

  • You need someone to help sort out a serious problem
  • You are concerned about the wellbeing of a child
  • You are escaping domestic violence and need help
  • Arguments are causing unhappiness and problems in your family
  • You are alone or afraid and urgently need to talk to someone
  • You are homeless
  • You need counselling information or other support

Health Direct

1800 022 222

If you have a health concern and you’re not sure what to do call us now to speak with a registered nurse. You’ll get fast and expert advice about any health issue which will help you make an informed decision about how to manage it.

  • You are seeking access immediate health advice and triage
  • You are seeking access specific and clinically accurate health information
  • You want to find the most appropriate health services for their needs

Homelessness Advisory Service

In business hours (8am – 5pm) – 1800 065 892

Crisis Number for After Hours – (08) 9223 1111

Interpreter Service – (08) 9325 1232

The purpose of the Homeless Advisory Service is to provide information to primary and secondary homeless people that will assist them to seek their own accommodation. Every effort is made by the Homeless Advisory Service to assist homeless people to link with crisis accommodation services.

  • You have shelter but do not have your own tenancy or lodgings
  • You are seeking bond assistance and private rental accommodation
  • You are seekingg information about public and community rental housing through the Department of Housing
  • You require information about how to apply for priority assistance

Kids Help Line

1800 55 1800

Kids Helpline is a free 24 hour counselling service for Australian kids and young people aged 5-25 years. You can get help by phone/email or web!<br/>Our counsellors talk with more than 6,000 kids each week and help with all sorts of problems big and small. Available 24 hours a days 7 days a week

  • You want to talk about what’s going on at home
  • You have aa friend who needs help
  • Something bothering you at school
  • You just want to talk to someone
  • You’re feeling sad or confused

This is a national 24/7 crisis counselling service specifically for children aged 5-25.

 Legal Aid

In business hours (8:30am to 4:30pm) – 1300 650 579

We provide information and advice and other legal help. The type and amount of help you will get depends on your finances and your legal problem and our resources.

  • You are looking for information or advice or referrals
  • You are looking for Youth specific legal information
  • You need representation in court
  • You need legal advice over the telephone
  • You would like to talk to someone about your legal situation
  • You require someone to visit you at a remand or detention centre for a legal appointment


13 11 14

Lifeline provides access to crisis support, suicide prevention and mental health support services. Head to http://www.lifeline.org.au/Get-Help/ to access the Crisis Support Chat and find crisis support now.

  • You are suicidal
  • You are experiencing a personal crisis
  • You have lost someone to suicide
  • You want to prevent suicide

This is a national crisis counselling service.

Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL)

Metro Region – 1300 555 788

Peel Region – 1800 676 822

When clinicians at MHERL receive a call, they can provide assessment and support and if required referral to other services

  • You are an individual that feels you may require urgent assistance,
  • You are a family member or carer of someone with a mental illness
  • You are members of the general public who witness a mental health crisis and require assistance,
  • You are a health professional
  • You are a welfare service provider

Poisons Hotline

13 11 26

Our centre provides telephone consultation to medical professionals and the general public in cases of acute and chronic poisonings. The WAPIC is a specialized unit that provides expert advice on the management of poisonings or suspected poisonings. Advice is freely available to the general public and health professionals. Advice is also provided on poisoning prevention and drug information and the identification of toxic agents.

  • You or someone around you has come into contact with poison
  • You want up to date advice and information
  • You need advice for a poisoned pet

Police/Fire/Ambulance EMERGENCY


Only call 000 in an emergency or life-threatening situation when urgent police assistance is needed.

  • You see a serious crime is in progress or that has just been committed
  • You are in any situation where life or serious injury is threatened
  • You witness a car accident where people are trapped or seriously injured
  • You witness a serious air or rail or water incident
  • You witness any incident which poses an immediate threat of danger to people or property
  • You witness an explosion or bomb incident or threat
  • Call this number if someone is seriously injured, if your life or property is being threatened or if you have just witnessed a serious accident or crime.

Police/Fire/Ambulance NON EMERGENCY

131 444

Call 131 444 for police assistance or attendance and when it is not an emergency.

  • You want to report a disturbance or breach of the peace (antisocial behaviour)
  • You want to report something which has happened in the past
  • You want to report a property-related incident for insurance purposes
  • You are making a complaint against police or another individual

Sexual Assault Resource Centre

Freecall from landlines – 1800 199 888

(08) 9340 1828

The Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) is the emergency sexual assault (rape crisis) service for Perth, Western Australia.

  • You have been sexually assaulted (also called rape) in the previous two weeks,
  • You have been sexually abused in the past
  • you are a young person looking for information on relationships and sex
  • You are a progessional seeking advice surrounding sexual assault and abuse

Womens Council for Domestive Violence and Family Services WA

Freecall – 1800 007 339

(08) 9223 1188

The Women’s Council For Domestic and Family Violence Services (WCDFVS) can provide appropriate referrals during business hours.

  • Your are being made to feel stupid and worthless and that it’s all your fault
  • You are being threatened
  • You are being physically abused
  • You are being forced to have unwanted sexual contact
  • You are being stopped from going places
  • You are being deprived of food, money, clothes and other basic needs
  • You are being riducled about your culture and beliefs