A successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to improving conditions for young people in their community
- Established sustainable partnerships and programs that benefit youth in their community
- Delivered improved outcomes for young people in their community through their position
- Demonstrated a significant commitment to the youth sector in Western Australia
- Demonstrated high professional standards and a commitment to youth work principles.
This category recognises a WA youth worker that has made an outstanding contribution to their local community by doing paid or voluntary work in the youth service sector. This award is open to people of any age.
The category winner will be eligible for the WA Young Person of the Year Award if they are aged 12 to 25 as at Thursday 12 October 2017.
Proudly Supported by the Minister for Youth.