Pling WA is Australia’s first ever Statewide youth services directory in smartphone app and website form. The project has been supported by grants from the WA State Government Social Innovations Grant Program and Lotterywest.
Pl!ng was released containing information on over 700 services on both Android and Apple platforms in December 2013. The Pling website was launched at Fairground 2014 with over 1,400 services listed.
The App can be downloaded found via its website here, downloaded here for Apple users, and downloaded here for Android/HTC users. Download this App now – keep it for future reference or use it straight away.
Using Pl!ng, you can:
- find services; from youth centres to crisis services for emergencies and everything in between,
- search for a service by using key words, browsing categories, entering a suburb or searching using your own location,
- create a favourites list for services by tapping the star,
- find information on how to get to a service (driving, walking or public transport),
- find contact information like phone numbers and social media,
- read a description of what the service does,
- find out what age range the service caters to,
- pass on service information by text or email,
- … and more!
Pling aims to ensure that young people have the ability to find appropriate services for their needs in a seamless medium. We also endeavor to ensure that young people can utilize the anonymity of their smartphones when seeking help and be able to see what each services listed provides and includes contact details for services across WA. Pling aims to ensure that the youth sector can participate in the App by listing their services, making changes and updating their information while also being able to recommend services to other youth sector workers and young people.
If you are interested in the project or have service information to add or change in the App, please email email@example.com