|Contact||Raj Suares (he/him), Grants Officer
||Between $2,000 – $25,000
(From a pool of $275,000)
The Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia (YACWA) introduces the Aboriginal Youth Empowerment Grants program supported by the Department of Communities to elevate the voice of Aboriginal young people through strengthening representation, enhancing engagement, and building new opportunities to empower Aboriginal young people to partake in decision-making in the broader community.
The Grant program will enable YACWA to provide financial support for amounts between $2,000 – $25,000 to support Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) and organisations specialising in the delivery of empowerment programs for Aboriginal young people.
- Grant program opens: 31 October 2022.
- Applications close: 9 December 2022.
- Applicants will be notified of the grant outcome in February 2023.
- Funds will be distributed within ten (10) business days of YACWA receiving the applicant’s financial information.
How to Apply
- Download and read the Aboriginal Youth Empowerment Grant Guidelines
- Make contact with the YACWA Grants Officer, Raj Suares (he/him) to discuss your project idea
- Fill out the online application form via SmartyGrants
- Ensure the application is signed by the authorised delegate of the project
Links and Downloads
- Please download and read the Guidelines thoroughly before proceeding with your application.
- Online Application Form
- This funding will be assessed by a panel of Aboriginal young people and Aboriginal community representatives, alongside representatives from the Department of Communities and the Minister for Youth’s office.
- All projects will need to be acquitted within six (6) weeks of project completion, which involves completion and submission of the Grant Acquittal Form and return of any unspent funds to YACWA.
The Aboriginal Youth Empowerment Grants program is supported by Department of Communities.